FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who Typically Sells Houses to Us?
People from all walks of life sell to us, but they all share one thing in common: They want to sell a house quickly, to a trusted home buyer who can make a cash offer and close on their schedule.
Here are just some of the reasons people sell to us:
- Need to sell an inherited property quickly.
- Want to unload a rental property with problem renters.
- Relocating or job transfer.
- Going through a divorce.
- Falling behind on mortgage payments and facing possible foreclosure.
- Not wanting to deal with a structural or repair issues.
- Simply moving, but not wanting to mess with repairs, painting, or cleaning.
What Type of Houses Do You Buy?
We are willing to buy houses that are either in poor condition or, for one reason or another, might not be attractive to all buyers. This includes some of the following reasons:
- Houses with serious structural issues such as foundation, roof, plumbing, or electrical problems.
- Houses located in less than desirable or high-crime neighborhoods.
- Houses that are located in flood plain or in areas prone to the effects of weather.
- Houses with high-interest rates or undesirable mortgage financing.
- Houses with payments or balances that are too high for the owner to handle.
- Houses that have bad memories for the homeowner, such as a death, divorce, or tragedy.
- Houses that no longer serve the needs of the homeowner — too big, too small, inconvenient location, and so on.
How Does the House Buying Process Work?
We follow a quick and simple process that makes things easy for sellers:
- CALL US TO SCHEDULE A VISIT. Give us a little information about your house. You can do this by calling us at 800-000-0000, or by using the contact form on this website.
- GET A CASH OFFER. A local franchisee in your area will contact you to arrange a visit. Our franchisee will answer any questions you have about us and evaluate the condition of your house. If buying makes sense from an investment standpoint, you’ll get a cash offer for your house.
- CLOSE ON YOUR SCHEDULE. You are under no obligation to accept the cash offer. But if you do, we’ll set up a closing time that works for you, so you can get your cash and move on as quickly as you wish.
Will You Pay Market Value For My House?
Our franchisees are, first and foremost, real estate investors. Our franchisees invest time and money to renovate houses and make money once the house is back on the market. After answering your question and evaluating the condition of your house, our local franchisee will make a fair, no-obligation cash offer that is based on the expected market value of your house after a full renovation, discounting the renovation time and costs.
While we buy at a discount, selling to us provides a number of benefits to the seller. These include the following:
- There’s no need to deal with realtors or realtor commissions.
- We cover normal closing costs.
- We pay cash — so there are never delays from banks, and deals don’t fall through because of financing.
- We buy “as is,” so you don’t have to worry about repairs or cleanup.
- We close on your schedule when you’re ready.
- If you’re in a rush, we can close in as little as three weeks, so you can move on.
How Do You Determine The Cash Offer You'll Make For My Home?
After buying 1,000’s of homes, we have estimating down to a science. Before making you an offer, the franchisee in your market will evaluate a number of factors, including the following:
- The current condition of your house.
- The approximate cost of repairs and renovations required.
- The amount of time it will take to renovate your house.
- The future “post-renovation” value of your house, compared to other homes in the area.
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell your home after renovation.
- The cost of maintaining the house until it’s ready to sell, including insurance, utilities, taxes, loan payments, and more.
- The estimated future “post-renovation” value of your renovated house, minus these costs, helps us arrive at the cash offer that we make.
Do You Buy Condos And Other Types Of Homes?
Yes. We buy condos, townhouses, duplexes, multi-tenant buildings, and even some commercial properties as well.
Do You Buy Mobile Homes?
No. Whether tied down or on a fixed foundation, we don’t buy mobile homes of any kind.
Do You Charge A Fee For Visiting My House And Making An Offer?
Absolutely not. We do this entirely at no charge.
Am I Under Any Obligation At All If I Request A Cash Offer Or Arrange A Visit?
No. Visiting your home and making a cash offer entails absolutely no obligation on your part. We’re more than happy to visit your house, answer your questions, and make an offer. There’s no obligation. You’re free to either accept or decline the offer.
Can You Answer More Of My Questions?
Of course! We’re always happy to answer any questions you might have aboutus. Just send us your question online or call us at 800-000-0000 to speak with us personally.